Thumbs up to Carter for the roasted tomato recipe! I love a man who loves to cook.
**The key to the thyme leaves is to drag your fingers downward (against the way they grow) along the stem!**
- 6 roma tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced (or 1 1/2 dried)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- 32 ounces water
- 5 ounces kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans
- 1 zucchini, sliced in quarters
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1 15 oz. can white kidney beans
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 cup wine (I used Joel Gott Chardonnay, but use whatever you're drinking! Red or white!)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place tomatoes cut side up.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil and sprinkle the herbs/garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour, turn tomatoes 180 degrees and bake for an additional hour.
- Coat the bottom of a large stock pot with olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onions, carrots, and celery for 7 minutes.
- Toss in the parsley, thyme and kale.
- Pour vegetable stock and wine, stir.
- Add both kidney beans, roasted tomatoes, diced tomatoes, green beans, and zucchini.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.