- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- cloves of garlic, medium chopped
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces freshly grated romano cheese
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim leaves from cauliflower and cut vertically into four even slices. (*Be cautious to keep the end slices thick enough, or you will end up with two steaks and some random bits. It\'s not the end of the world, but do you want four steaks or two?*)
- Line baking sheet with tin foil and place cauliflower steaks on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt/pepper. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully flip each steak. With a basting brush or rubber spatula (you can also just use a spoon if need be!), generously coat the top of the steaks with your pesto sauce.
- Place in oven for an additional 10 minutes. The steaks should be soft in the middle and slightly browned on the edges. Serve with a lemon wedge and ENJOY!
- Place garlic, pine nuts and salt into your processor (or bullet) and chop until fine.
- Add basil leaves and half of the olive oil, process until basil is minced and sauce thickens.
- Add cheese and remaining oil, process until sauce is smooth. (*Feel free to add additional salt if necessary! I'm the sodium queen, so I get it.*)