Deviled eggs are one of the easiest and quickest additions to a brunch party. I’m all about making recipes versatile but also kicking them up a notch. Basic is boring! It’s all about leveling up.
If you want to mix up your potluck menu, I have the skinny on classic deviled eggs along with some fun twists to liven up the party!
- Cut boiled eggs in half, vertically.
- Empty boiled yolks into a small mixing bowl. Mash and mix the boiled yolks with the ingredients below.
- I add just a smidgen of olive oil to all/most recipes to give it a creamier texture. (I know MY stomach handles everything a tad better sans mayo, so I opted to remove it and substitute it with EVOO.)
- Use a small spoon to return mixture to hollowed out egg halves.
- Sprinkle with recommended topping or do your own thing! Give it some flare. The rewarding part is not just the flavor, but the presentation.
Classic: Dijon mustard. Top with paprika.
Mediterranean: Hummus. Top with parsley (or feta!).
Avocado: Mash avocado well, add a pinch of turmeric and a squeeze of fresh lime. Top with a slice of avocado.
Try using Trader Joe’s Goddess Dressing (topped with fresh dill), RANCH!, or another *creamy* dressing of your choice.
These are some of my personal favorites, but feel free to get creative! There really is no wrong answer… YOLO.
Drink Recommendation: MIMOSAS! Obviously.